Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J - Just Me


Just Me. Just being me.

One of those days, that I would have simply wanted to skip "showing my face" and sharing my thoughts.  Not because I am unhappy or going through a difficult time.  I simply wanted to keep to myself.

But because of this commitment, this experiment, this self-theraphy of a blog - I am here.

2-3 years ago, I found a site through typing the keywords "writing is healing" on Google search.  What came up on the top of the list was: One Year of Writing and Healing.  Ever since then, I have been attempting to start the exercises that are on the site.  Alas, I have not been successful yet.

What I took with me though is a single exercise that has keep me going through the past years: write everyday, even if it is writing only that you cannot write.  What a liberating exercise!

Just Me.  Here I am simply writing, that I am showing up to do my part for the day. Just being me.

What do you do to just be you? Not to lose the essence of yourself in the process of creativity?

4 comments:

  1. Cooking and Writing. When I cook (which I should do more often) I feel like I have no problems in the world and what matters is what I'm cooking. I think of the taste, the way the food blends and how I can enjoy it. When I write I pour out my creativity. Good or bad I just pour it out. Anyway, very good post.... Made me really think about it... (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice post. And I love the picture! To just be me I like to write and I am glad I discovered blogging as it is a tremendous outlet. Also I like to plan travel and lead others on trips. I think I could make a could tour guide.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, and I am glad it was a thought provoking post for you, Phoebe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the compliment, Lee!

    I am enjoying the A to Z Blogging Challenge tremendously, and simply grateful that you initiated it.

    There is no doubt that you will make a cool tour guide from the response you get with how you reach out and interact with your readers.

    Obviously, you have made a great admirer out of me! :)

    Joanna aka paper ~

    ReplyDelete