Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Flevoland (MDMNL AtoZ Challenge 2015)

Have you read my brief introduction to this challenge?

If not, here is the link: Introducing HFNL A to Z Challenge 2015

My personal blogging theme for this year: the places I have been in the Netherlands.  


At Happy Feet in the Netherlands (HFNL), I'll be writing about the places (which is not only limited to city, towns or villages but may also include restaurants, stores - places we go for hikes, where we sailed, or a special spot etc.) from the perspective of a runner.  

The blogs here @ My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands on the other hand will be from a perspective of an expat, mom, traveler, writer, who seeks to simplify life.


Today, "we go to" : Flevoland, specifically to the waters of LelystadMarkermeer.

Unedited pic of Mijn Liefste P
taken at the sailing club, last week 31st of March
after we brought our youngest daughter to the doctor


Last weekend, the sailing season officially began at the new harbor of our sail boat: Sail Drifter 25 (we still have to give it a new name, so for the mean time I refer to it by this name).

We were not there because we decided to have a quiet Easter weekend at home.

But we are very excited to sail in Markermeer from the new home of our sail boat.

A collage of pictures taken last (July) Summer 2014

Markermeer
from Grashaven, Hoorn
the old home of our sail boat
Markermeer
seen from Hoorn
Markermeer
 our oldest @
Jachthaven Naarden
taken August, 2014


Markermeer
seen from Naarden
Hope you enjoyed the pictures above, and if you would like to follow our sailing adventures, please check out @ Sail Drifter 25 blog.

We welcome name suggestions! The family is still not completely one with a new name.  But hopefully  before Spring ends we have a new name!

You could send suggestions via comments, or via the email : saildrifter25@gmail.com.

If you are on Facebook, you could also follow the FB page, which my husband set up to connect with other sailing enthusiast: Drifter 25 "Petroesjka".  Petroesjka is the name the former owners gave the boat.  Feel free to send a private message, there OR leave a comment. My husband will be replying to you.


BTW, if you are wondering where blogs C-E are - a very short explanation can be found: here.

Hope you are enjoying, the A-Z blog challenge!

16 comments:

  1. I love Flevoland! You all are having way too much fun while I work. :)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and engaging presentation! I definitely want to read more and am so glad I found your blog through the A to Z challenge! www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to meet you, Diane!

      I'll be visiting our blog, soon. Good luck with the challenge. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh that is so cool, I sure hope we own a sailboat in the future too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are gorgeous! It's making it hard for me to look out the window right now...it's raining and cold here in New York.

    I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your travels. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you for taking time to read, Kieron! I also would like to thank you for dropping by my other blog (running) Happy Feet in the Netherlands, and for the thoughtful comment you left there.

      My apologies for the very late reply. As I commented below, it will take a bit of time but I'll be visiting your blogposts, soon.

      All the best on the A-Z challenge!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! Sorry life has gotten in the way of the Challenge; hang in there!

    John Holton
    Blogging from A to Z 2015 Cohost
    The Sound of One Hand Typing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, dear John!

      As I wrote you below, I will continue with the challenge because it means something to me. Even though I won't do it within the time frame, I look forward to completing it.

      Nice to know you via A-Z, and thanks for all the work you (the whole team) do!

      Kind regards,

      Joanna

      Delete
  6. Hubby and I used to sail alot. We still have a boat, but I think I've lost my sea legs...the whole balance thing as you age is a factor. Awesome pictures. Looks like had a very enjoyable time.

    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the beautiful comments you've left on my blogposts, dear Sandy!

      It is great to meet you via A-Z challenge.

      Delete
  7. Hi Joanna,

    It doesn't look like you've updated since the last time I was here. Please let me know if you plan on continuing the A to Z Challenge. If I don't hear from you by Wednesday of this week, we will remove you from the list.

    Thanks,
    John Holton
    Blogging from A to Z Cohost
    The Sound of One Hand Typing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, John!

      My apologies if I was not able to reply to your previous comments sooner than now.

      Yes, please feel free to delete me from the list.

      I will still continue to complete my A-Z but it will be after this month; it is my plan to visit all those, who have taken time to read and left comments in my blog. Alas, I have to do all these, no longer in the time frame of the challenge.

      My (delayed) marathon training plus daily life, and an impeding trip to Germany needs my focus even more than I realize.

      I thought I would have enough time to edit/polish, and then publish my draft blogs but it has become impossible at this point.

      Perhaps next year, I can recreate the triumph and joy of completing the A-Z challenge of 2011.

      All the best to you and everyone behind A-Z!

      Best regards,

      Joanna

      P.S. My blog Happy Feet in the Netherlands could also be deleted from the list for the same reason !

      Delete
  8. Allsupremepowersolutionhome@gmail.com +1 (424) 361‑7554 Hi everyone I’m here to testify of a great and powerful spell caster called Lord Zulu I was so confused and devastated when my boyfriend left me without word, I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So a friend of mine introduced me to this powerful spell caster who had helped her in getting her lover back, so I contacted him and he promised that in less than 72 hours he will come back to me. After I did all he asked, to my greatest surprise my bf who had refused to speak with me came to my house and asked for forgiveness for all he had made me go through and now we are living happily together, if you have any relationship problem I will advise you contact him for your testimonies. Below are his contact details.           Contact him on WhatsApp @ ‪+1 (424) 361‑7554  https://www.facebook.com/groups/278113830219218          https://www.facebook.com/allsupremepowersolutionhome/‪‬

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great. I have always wanted to visit the Netherlands and these posts only make me want to go more!

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side: 2021: The A to Z of Monsters

    ReplyDelete