Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Avondvierdaagse

Today eldest participated for the first time in "De avondvierdaagse"  here in the Netherlands.  It is an annual four day walking event, introduced in 1909 in Holland.

It is a tradition we hope we could share as a family starting next year.  For now, we are very happy to support the eldest in the next four evenings of her walk.

If you would like to know more about this Dutch national tradition, as I myself would very much like to do, please check NWB Dutch Hiking Association.

An image of eldest is very rare now a days because she is at that stage that she does not want to be photographed at all. Except for the self-portraits she does herself, which I have to ask permission to share!

♡ ♡ ♡ I love this because I was not aware, neither was eldest, that Dada took a picture of us. ♡ ♡ ♡

Littlest wanted the tiara to be edited in, as she sat beside me and watched while I tinkered around picasa.




When was the last time you walked/hiked with friends and/or your family in the evening?

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I found your blog through ICLW! I'm an American living in Europe, so your blog is of great interest to me.

    To answer the question, I've done a fair amount of walking in the evening, particularly when I lived in Belarus and Germany. I don't know that I would call it "hiking", though we did occasionally walk in the forest outside of Berlin.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, C! :)

    Thank you for dropping by, I remember your comment on my newly set-up blog, The Lightnes of Being on The Bike .

    When I followed you and commented on your page, I was happy to discover that you are from Ireland because my brother is currently residing there, too!

    I love Berlin! Hopefully in our next visit we could walk (and bike!) in the forest, too. In previous visits we only walked around the city, and drove around the countryside.

    We lived in Germany, as well. I could say, I became an adult in Hamburg, the city where I lived almost half of my life.

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete