Friday, February 18, 2011

Revisiting Berlin: A Passion

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Saint Augustine
I like this quote so much, and it describes how I see travel, eloquently.

Please click on the image for a better view of the collage :)


Berlin was on my mind tonight, and so I dug up images from our last trip there in July, 2009 and made a collage mixing it with tonight's 365 ~ self-portrait (bottom right).  Well, travel seemed to be the general theme of the evening.

Friday is mostly movie night for the family, and we had an early viewing of the film, Eat Pray Love (I got the DVD from P for Valentine's day) because we have to get up early the next day.  Everyone enjoyed the film! We all got to travel around the globe from the comforts of our couch.

Tomorrow we will do our own travelling to Germany, and although it is not our destination memories of our Summer trip to Berlin came back to me.  P and I spent 10 days with the littlest in this historic city almost 2 years ago.  It was not a liesure holiday alone but we went there for a specific purpose.  It was the Summer I gave up my Filipino citizenship, that I could become a German national.

There are a lot of stories to share about and surrounding those 10 day trip.  For P and the littlest, it was their first taste of the capital city of Germany.  For me it was the third.

I made a promise to myself that after a couple of years has passed I will be writing about  my Berlin stories, perhaps the memories will not be too emotional to revisit.

Berlin has a special place in my heart; a city I will definitely revisit many times in my life.

In place of stories I cannot yet share tonight, I leave you with quotes I will meditate on for affirmation :


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

A traveler am I, and a navigator, and every day I discover a new region within my soul.
Kahlil Gibran

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. For the traveler who knows his direction, there is always a favorable wind.
Stuart Avery Gold  


What places have you revisited countless times in your travels?





No comments:

Post a Comment