Thursday, February 3, 2011

Living 365 ~ January, a look back and a look forward


Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period. If you ain't desperate at some point, you ain't interesting. ~ Jim Carrey

I love this quote, as I adore Jim Carrey as an actor.


In my case, one could replace the word "desperation" on the quote with depression.  I still need to tell you about myself, but isn't a daily discovery about bits and pieces much more interesting that laying it all in one blog?  Well, tonight that depression bit, is what you will learn about me.

I was diagnosed with manic-depression 8 years ago, while still living in Germany.  Previously to that diagnosis, I had years of isolation with what I was going through.  My life went on like everyone elses but I struggled with what I was going through alone.

In part, this blog was born to have a platform to talk about how life could be very productive and positive after going through years of depression.  But also to record the success in finding natural ways to overcome the daily battles with this ailment.

Tonight, while looking for a quote for today's image, I stumbled upon a site called, Real Depression Help.  The site led me to Christina's Home Remedies, which offers natural help for depression.

This is what I find rewarding with 365, it leads me to the path I need and want to take, as I take steps towards other goals.  Two for a price of one!

Looking back to the month of January, it was very rewarding, not only in feeling accomplishment of confronting many fears and issues head on but also in setting a trend for what lies ahead.  It strengthened my motto, and battle cry: simplify, simplify, simplify!

Fire away, February! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment