Monday, February 14, 2011

My Double Chin ~ A Valetine's Day Poem



Isn´t it a wonder love makes our eyes glitter…




but our chin remains thicker…



 showing our teeth through our smile does not make it any better…




puffing our cheeks only makes our lover slumber ...






eventually, we accept our fate - duality of the chiny chin chin ...






and deep within, we hold a grin because someone loves us deeper than skin





This poem was originally posted in an anonymous blogging site on the 24th of January, 2009 .

I was a member there for four years.


Images were taken spontaneously via webcam of my old ACER laptop on the 22nd of January as part of my attempt at 365 ~ self-portrait (2009).

The images inspired the poem, which I now am revisiting for the second year in a row on Valentine's Day.

I remember P coming home from a long day of work, and I telling him (again!) that I was not feeling up to taking a picture because my double chin was terribly making me self-conscious.

P in spite of being tired was glad to be home, and I fed on his positive energy, which urged  me to  simply snap pictures completely forgetting the silly thoughts I had over my double chin.

2 years later, I still have a double chin, I still bask in the glow of a love shared so generously, and most of all, I feel grateful that I am blessed to carry the Valentine feeling of being cherished the whole year around.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Keep your double chin up ;) and feel the energy of love around you...it does not always have to come from a life partner. :)



4 comments: