Thursday, February 22, 2024

Oh, What A Beautiful Morning!


 Dear Reader,

The sun is shining in Ankeveen! πŸ˜„πŸŒžπŸ’›

I have not been outdoors on my own for months;  2-3 months, I guesstimate πŸ€” 

View from our bedroom window at 10:58


It’s very long story to tell for another time. I need to briefly write about it though to give you context and understand what this blog is about. 

One of the many reasons I am back here is because of my current situation. I struggle with going outdoors  and I never truly took the time to address this problem (isolating when I feel stressed). It’s chronic and has affected my life seriously, that I have been getting sickness benefits since Spring of 2021 to help me get into the core of this unhealthy coping mechanism and overcome it.

This week (before it ends!πŸ˜œπŸ˜…πŸ˜†), I would like to go out again, and document about my process. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. So, besides the

  ABC my way back to blogging ***, I plan to make short and simple blogposts of my walks. “Daily” is the target πŸ™ˆ but the main goal is to reframe my brain 🧠 to see going out as fun and not dangerous. 

The brain needs a strong motivation so I will give the blogseries a title Walk On Through To The Other Side, inspired by The Doors’ song Break On Through.


How do you motivate yourself to go outdoors? I will be documenting my motivation in the next 21 days. Walk with me!


*** I have not tagged my posts yet, and will do so in the future; I will compile the ABC 2024 blogposts  to make it easier to find them for myself and readers, who stumbles upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment