Sunday, February 18, 2024

KISS

 Dear Reader,

Yesterday was the first blogpost in this year’s series, without any kind of text from me. It was published 1 minute to midnight because I almost decided to stop blogging, again.

Source  


Whenever I feel overcome with self-sabotage my brain flashes this acronym: KISS.

So, that’s what I did 5 minutes to midnight.

I didn’t lack anything to write about. But that critical voice in my head was chastising me from day 1 of my return here: you have nothing worthwhile to write and share; you should shut up.

Yesterday, the Critical Voice wore me down. I felt that childlike creative part of me, who craves the simple moments of creation go into shutdown. She disappeared.

Luckily, de gezonde volwassene ( as term therapists taught me ) took over 5 minutes to midnight.

Excerpt from Schema-therapy according to Wikipedia.  

  • Healthy Adult is the mode that schema therapy aims to help a patient achieve as the long-lasting state of well-being. The Healthy Adult is comfortable making decisions, is a problem-solver, thinks before acting, is appropriately ambitious, sets limits and boundaries, nurtures self and others, forms healthy relationships, takes on all responsibility, sees things through, and enjoys/partakes in enjoyable adult activities and interests with boundaries enforced, takes care of their physical health, and values themself. In this schema mode the patient focuses on the present day with hope and strives toward the best tomorrow possible. The Healthy Adult forgives the past, no longer sees themself as a victim (but as a survivor), and expresses all emotions in ways which are healthy and cause no harm.

5 minutes to midnight. It was a close call.

I showed up for myself. This is the core of this year’s blogging and to be honest it’s how I want to continue not only in blogging but in my life. 

Keep showing up. For myself.

Keep it Simple, Self!

No comments:

Post a Comment