Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Photo A Day: Button(s)

I am participating in February Photo A Day Challenge, brought to life by Fat Mum Slim.



This above all: to thine own self be true - Shakespeare
Since yesterday, the quote above has been sounding off in my head, and it seems that the only way I could make it stop, is to acknowledge it through writing.  So, I take this photo a day challenge, as an opportunity to do so.

I like buttons, the unendless variety of it's kind.  Like people, or the lives led by people, you can find all sorts.

One of the main reason I created this blog is to remind myself to be true to who I am.  It's easy to lose yourself in life if you don't keep focus on what is most important.

The day has been long, and I have to admit that I could have made a lot more effort with the picture of the day but instead, I settled for this image.

It's the set of buttons on K, middle daughter's knitted dress, which she likes wearing with jeans. When I see her wearing it (it used to be J, the eldest daughter's dress) it makes me smile, just like what happened when J used to wear it.  I think Littlest will still be inheriting it as well; it's made of sturdy material.

When I read the list of photos we have to do, and I arrive on Day 7, I instantly thought of this dress with the three dark pink buttons.

Then, late this afternoon, as I was checking out what the others did, I started doubting my choice.  But there was no time to think or my mind was too distracted about something else. Plus, I wanted to yet again prepare a nice dinner for the family, which always takes a lot of time.  P is coming home early for dinner, J has CITO at school (will explain some other time...) and I wanted to nurture them. 

I also alloted the chunk of my free time today to write friends, whom I have not been in touch with for a while.

So, here  I am presenting a picture and the buttons, which represents, who I am:
  • someone who strives for simplicity
  • loves all the colour that life is composed of
  • has a set of steady (almost there!) priorities :)
  • sturdy and survivor of a lot of changes and transitions!
What does your button say about you?


The month of February in images, so far. . .

February 1 ~ Your View Today

February 2 ~ Words

February 3 ~ Hand(s)

February 4 ~ A Stranger

February 5 ~ 10 am 

February 6 ~ Dinner

2 comments:

  1. Thats such a cute sweater!!

    heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by SimplyHeather!

    Yes, it is, isn't it? :) It was a gift of my German cousin to our oldest when she was 8 y.o., and she is now 12!

    ReplyDelete