Monday, June 17, 2013

Waking up to Monday

There is a strong inclination to sleep through this Monday. But I won't.
Just like I resist on the inclination to give up on this year's Blogathon!
image courtesy of 365 project from 2011

“Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Some people are just better at hiding it than others.”
Will Smith

When I begun this blog page, I have vowed to be honest in writing about myself, how I deal with manic-depression, and how I try not to let it rule my life.

I do not ask for pity, nor praise. My purpose is to create an awareness (there can never be enough!), that this mental illness exists and no one should be ashamed of it.

It's not always easy to do both: writing honestly about what I go through, and believing it myself, that I should not be ashamed of what afflicts me.

The weekend has been tough. Well, the past half a year has not been that easy. Oh, while I am at it, I can't remember when it was!  Ignore that last remark; it is my current dark mood talking.

With or without manic-depression, life is never a walk in the park.  Only with manic-depression, your brain convinces you, that you should not even think of walking in the park!

There is no huge revelation with this post. Only another page to pile on heaps of other posts declaring: giving up on life will NEVER EVER be my option.

No comments:

Post a Comment