Thursday, January 13, 2011

365

We learn in our guts, not just in our brain, that a life of joy is not in seeking happiness, but in experiencing and simply being the circumstances of our life as they are; not in fulfilling personal wants, but in fulfilling the needs of life…
Charlotte Joko Beck

This year I am determined to complete the project 365 ~ self-portraits.

Today is the 13th day, and I feel I have overcome the most difficult stage of this project at this point.  Facing yourself daily is not as easy as it seems; I have discovered this fact from the two previous attempts of 365.

The quote I found tonight to meditate on, feels at the same time as a celebratory affirmation on how I am trying to live life.

Focusing to live in the now has been very rewarding but still very challenging to re-affirm every single day.

With all the different 365 projects I have attempted in the past couple of years, which I have broken down last year to 30 day projects, I feel that I have a better chance of accomplishing the 365 projects of this year.  The lessons of last year, I feel has taught me in essence to focus more on what is most important, and whittle away that which are life's noise, and not my life's tune.  Most importantly, the past attempts has shown me clearly that I am persistent, and I perservere.  This knowledge alone I see as success behind those "failed" attempts.

I leave you with the quote that cheers me on daily:
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~ Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment