Sunday, June 26, 2011

34th Birthday Pictures Resurfaced!

image was taken by my old  Nokia mobile

Hurra!!!

While sorting through 5 years worth of images, I stumbled upon what I thought were lost forever - pictures from my 34th birthday!

I am very sentimental, and this set of pictures is not only important to me because it was my birthday but it was the last "grand celebration" (in my humble grand way!) I had in Germany.  I did not wait for my 35th birthday to celebrate it in a big fashion but wanted to use the 34th birthday as an occasionto give thanks to all the girlfriends, lovely ladies, who have helped me through a difficult period.

Now, in hindsight, I am very grateful I did organize that birthday celebration (although I spent my wages from a new job, I started only a month before!)  because it was the last time I gathered them before we moved here in the Netherlands.

I am hoping for my 40th, I could do something special and gather girlfriends again! I wonder if with enough preparation, and "begging" I could make them come to the Netherlands for it?! Or maybe, I could celebrate it in Germany because I never did have a formal goodbye party.

What do you think is better?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the pictures resurfaced. I would be devastated to lose pictures. As for your 40th, I'm honestly not sure which would be better.

    ICLW #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you found the pics! I hope you can have a wonderufl birthday celebration

    here via iclw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Nice blog! Love it! But is there any way I can contact you?

    ReplyDelete